Favorite Fall recipes from Aberdeen Village
Aberdeen Village is featuring favorite recipes from the kitchen. Here are two of the community’s most delicious fall recipes.
If you would like to experience Aberdeen Village’s exceptional culinary creations or learn more about the community, please contact Sean Roark at 913-890-6455 or SRoark@pmma.org.
Aberdeen Kitchen Pumpkin Cake/Muffin
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 4 lg eggs (beaten)
- 3 1/3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 can (15oz) canned pumpkin puree or 1 ¾ cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- In large bowl, cream together sugar, oil and eggs.
- Add dry ingredients one cup at a time, folding in until all dry ingredients are moistened.
- Add in pumpkin.
- Add buttermilk.
Baking: Bake at 350°
- Makes 3 9-inch loaves * about 55-60 mins
- Makes 4 8-inch loaves * about 50-55 mins
- Makes 9 mini loaves /Muffins * about 40-45 mins
Sweet Corn Bread
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Mix egg, sour cream, milk, and butter in a small bowl. Fold egg mixture into flour mixture until just moistened; pour into prepared baking dish.
Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve warm.