Lovely Lemon Cheesecake
“I am always looking for new recipes to try for Easter, especially for dessert. Last Easter I made this lemon cheesecake and it was so delicious! It was pretty easy to make too. My family absolutely loved it and requested that I make it from now on.
The way they recommended decorating it was just simple with twisted lemon slices, but you could certainly add some Easter specific decorations too if you like.
- Stephanie Oehlert, Sales and Marketing Director
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter, melted
5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1-2/3 cups sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup lemon juice
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
5 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
Thin lemon slices, optional
1. Preheat oven to 325°. Place a greased 10-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan.
2. In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs, sugar and cinnamon; stir in butter. Press onto bottom of prepared pan; refrigerate while preparing filling.
3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and salt until smooth. Beat in lemon juice and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
4. Bake 70-80 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
5. Remove rim from pan. If desired, top cheesecake with lemon slices.